A bit about myself and my experience:
- I am currently working full time as a Pharmaceutical drugs analyst for large biotechnology company. My goal is to pursue a Postgraduate research degree in Neuroscience in the next academic year
- I have completed my PGCE (Theory) including teaching experience, following my graduation from Durham University with my Master's degree in Chemistry
- My previous tutoring experience includes coursework and exam support to GCSE science students and Chemistry A-level revision 1-to-1 sessions.
- I am patient, friendly, and approachable: commited to putting your needs first!
- I am a specialist marker for OCR and CIE, every summer I mark GCSE Chemistry exam papers
Why should I be considered for tutoring?
- My interest and engagement with the subject has been demonstrated through some experience of teaching science at a secondary level, working in a secondary school as a lab technician, participating in the student's associate scheme and finally pursuing Chemistry at University.
- I am passionate about making the subject content relevent to you, whatever your needs are! My experience in planning and delivering engaging, fun lessons shows that learning doesn't have to be for the sake of it.
- Ultimately I want you to enjoy your learning, progress and secure that university place if that's what you're hoping for! I can support you with your subject knowledge, revision techniques, UCAS applications and the interview process where relevent. (I have completed medical school applications previously.)
What can you expect from the sessions?
- These sessions are completely up to you in terms of what you'd like me to cover! Building understanding and being able to confidently explain concepts is key in science and I know from experience how many misconceptions can arise in science!
- I will adapt to whatever learning style suits you, whether you prefer written examples, videos, pictures, drama, role play... you name it! If you're going to enjoy it, I'm willing to meet you where your needs are!
How can you contact me?
Please drop me an email or book a free meeting, let me know what you need help with or send off a tutor request and I'll do my utmost to get back in touch with you!
Thank you for reading my resume,
I'll look forwards to working with you!
|Chemistry||A Level||£24 /hr|
|Science||13 Plus||£22 /hr|
|-Personal Statements-||Mentoring||£24 /hr|
|PGCE (Theory)||Masters Degree||Merit|
|Science (GCSE Dual)||Higher||A*A*|
|Before 12pm||12pm - 5pm||After 5pm|
Please get in touch for more detailed availability
Niki (Parent) January 19 2016
Marcus (Parent) December 14 2015
Lisa (Parent) November 30 2015
Alexandra (Student) September 21 2015