Natalie (Parent) June 14 2016
Bella (Student) June 12 2016
Bella (Student) June 5 2016
Bella (Student) June 4 2016
1) In the nucleus of the cell, there are pairs of chromosomes which carry the same genes in the same places.
2) Alleles are different versions of these genes.
3) For example, a person may have an allele for brown eyes on one chromosome and an allele for green eyes on the other.
4) Dominant alleles only require one copy for it to be expressed, whereas recessive alleles need two copies: they are only expressed if both alleles are recessive (no dominant alleles).see more
Vaccination is an important method used in healthcare to prevent people from getting certain diseases.
Vaccines contain a dead or weakened (attenuated) form of a pathogen, and the immune system responds to this as if it were a real pathogen.
1) The vaccine is given.
2) After an incubation period, white blood cells are stimulated to produce antibodies.
3) Antibodies bind to antigens on the surface of the pathogen.
4) Special memory cells remain in the blood and speed up the immune response if the same pathogen is encountered again.see more