Jonas P.

Jonas P.

£30 - £32 /hr

MPhys Theoretical Physics (Masters) - Edinburgh University

Trusted by schools

This tutor is also part of our Schools Programme. They are trusted by teachers to deliver high-quality 1:1 tuition that complements the school curriculum.

305 completed lessons

About me

I have a first class Master of Physics (Theoretical) from the University of Edinburgh.


I have a successful track record in my academic pursuits, which I believe comes down to 10% intelligence and 90% hard work.


I've done well in my GCSEs (A*A* Science double award, A* extended maths, A* additional maths) and IBs (7 Physics HL, 7 Maths HL, 40 total), again attributable to hard work and a solid understanding of exam technique, skills that I do my best t...

I have a first class Master of Physics (Theoretical) from the University of Edinburgh.


I have a successful track record in my academic pursuits, which I believe comes down to 10% intelligence and 90% hard work.


I've done well in my GCSEs (A*A* Science double award, A* extended maths, A* additional maths) and IBs (7 Physics HL, 7 Maths HL, 40 total), again attributable to hard work and a solid understanding of exam technique, skills that I do my best to transfer to my students.


Figures aside, I am fun to work with and I will try to make a concept understandable in whatever way I can think of.

Show more

About my sessions

We will spend about 30% of the session trying to get an intuition for the concepts in question, which is in the format of a discussion where I will be trying to convince you that what you are learning indeed makes sense. The other 70% of the time will be spent on employing those concepts in practice (solving problems).


For Maths and Physics IAs, I can do a written session where I will annotate your work and send it back to you (though I would prefer a free meeting first whe...

We will spend about 30% of the session trying to get an intuition for the concepts in question, which is in the format of a discussion where I will be trying to convince you that what you are learning indeed makes sense. The other 70% of the time will be spent on employing those concepts in practice (solving problems).


For Maths and Physics IAs, I can do a written session where I will annotate your work and send it back to you (though I would prefer a free meeting first where you explain what you are trying to achieve first). However, the more beneficial option, in my opinion, is a normal session, as the format of discussion will allow the final work to better reflect your thought process, skills and interests.

Show more

Personally interviewed by MyTutor

We only take tutor applications from candidates who are studying at the UK’s leading universities. Candidates who fulfil our grade criteria then pass to the interview stage, where a member of the MyTutor team will personally assess them for subject knowledge, communication skills and general tutoring approach. About 1 in 7 becomes a tutor on our site.

DBS Icon

Enhanced DBS Check

27 Sep, 2016

Ratings & Reviews

4.8
53 reviews
5
4
1
3
0
2
1
1
1
AB

ALESSANDRA Parent from brooklyn

10 Jun

My son was having some issues with IB Math and we then found Jonas who helped him so much. My son really liked Jonas and his teaching style. In fact, we just found out that he got the 2nd highest grade in the entire grade on the math final! Thank you Jonas!!!

GJ

Gaggan Student

30 Apr

super helpful! explained concepts in great detail and was very patient

JP

Jacintha Parent from London

2 Apr

Took on a job he could not do. Should have been honest from the outset and said "Look I don't wish to waste your money - I can help with physics but not biology". I think he was desperate for the money and so kept me online and started asking me questions about the biology rather than answer them for me. He did not know any of the biology terminology and kept asking me what it meant. He has taken £32 from me and I wish he would refund this! I terminated the online conversation before the time was up and complained about him to the the My Tutor team. If he has any principles, this dishonest and desperate Tutor will return my money!

2 Apr

Jonas' reply

no

CC

Christian Student

11 Mar

He was good

Show more reviews

Qualifications

SubjectQualificationGrade
Physics HLInternational Baccalaureate (IB) (HL)7
Economics SLInternational Baccalaureate (IB) (SL)7
Mathematics HLInternational Baccalaureate (IB) (HL)7
Computer Science SLInternational Baccalaureate (IB) (SL)6
English A: Language and Literature HLInternational Baccalaureate (IB) (HL)6
Lithuanian A: Literature SLInternational Baccalaureate (IB) (SL)6

General Availability

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
Pre 12pm
12 - 5pm
After 5pm

Pre 12pm

12 - 5pm

After 5pm
Mon
Tue
Wed
Thu
Fri
Sat
Sun

Subjects offered

SubjectQualificationPrice
EnglishGCSE£30 /hr
English LiteratureGCSE£30 /hr
MathsGCSE£30 /hr
PhysicsGCSE£30 /hr
MathsIB£32 /hr
PhysicsIB£32 /hr
PhysicsUniversity£32 /hr
PythonMentoring£32 /hr

Send Jonas a message

A Free Video Meeting is a great next step. Just ask Jonas below!


Send a message
mtw:mercury1:status:ok