Currently unavailable: for new students
Degree: German and Italian (Bachelors) - Oxford, Exeter College University
I am a student of German and Italian at the University of Oxford. I am a passionate about the learning, understanding and speaking of foreign languages and believe that this passion is evident in my teaching style.
Additionally I very much enjoy the analysis of literature and can help my students to develop and express their views on it with flair and precision
1. I have experience of teaching students the finer points of grammar and consider myself particularly adept at explaining the more complex sides of language in an understandable and interactive way (in a way that teachers who learned the language many years ago often do not)
2. As a student at Oxford I must analyse literature and express my views on it on a regular basis, which is something I very much enjoy doing, and thus can demonstrate to students how one should read, consider and write about literature in an intellectual and interesting manner. If you have trouble making your essays concise, compelling and flowing then look no further!
Thinking about Oxbridge?
If you are interested in applying to Oxford or Cambridge I can act as a mentor to help prepare students for the difficulties of application such as personal statements, entrance tests and interviews.
If it seems like I fit the bill then book a session! Or send me an email. Please remember to tell me exactly what it is you are struggling with so that I can prepare a session which will benefit you!
See you soon!
|German||A Level||£22 /hr|
|English||13 Plus||£20 /hr|
|German||13 Plus||£20 /hr|
|History||13 Plus||£20 /hr|
|-Oxbridge Preparation-||Mentoring||£22 /hr|
|-Personal Statements-||Mentoring||£22 /hr|
|.MLAT (Modern Languages)||Uni Admissions Test||£25 /hr|
|Before 12pm||12pm - 5pm||After 5pm|
Please get in touch for more detailed availability
Louise (Student) February 15 2017
Rebecca (Student) January 31 2017
Louise (Student) January 25 2017
Rebecca (Student) January 24 2017
Writing essays in a coherent and organised manner can be difficult in a foreign language, but a simple and consistent stucture can help to not only sharpen your argument but also heighten the accuracy of your language and enable you to insert the complex structures which earn you marks in the A-Level exam.
Regardless of the nature of the essay title it is always important to include an introduction. In this section you should aim to acknowledge the question and relay in a concise way your opinion on it.
Take this title as an example "Welche Methoden benutzt der von Ihnen gewählte Schriftsteller, um seine Botschaft(en) zu vermitteln? Finden Sie diese Methoden effektiv?"
To write an introduction to this question it is important to:
1. briefly describe the methods you plan on mentioning- "Im Roman, den ich dieses Jahr studiert habe, benutzt der Autor verschiedene Methoden um seine Botschaften zu vermitteln, naemlich XYZ..."(Dont be afraid to use the words in the title)
2. Say whether or not you find these methods effective: " Ich halte die mehrheit dieser Methoden fuer effektiv, jedoch X finde ich nicht wirkungsvoll."
3. Outline your intentions: "In diesem Aufsatz werde ich diese Methoden beschreiben und anylisieren"
The most important thing is to answer the question- this one asks 2 things- describe the methods and consider their effectiveness. The role of the introduction here is to outline what your paragraphs are going to say eg Method 1/2/3/4 without giving away the detail that will be included in the rest of the essay.
From here it is much easier to structure the rest of the essay and it is easy to structure every introduction in a similar way which means you can insert complex structures which will gain you marks!see more