Your brain can get tired from all the essays and hard sums you have to do at school. Keep it interested by trying these brain teasers.
- A mother has 4 children. At Easter, she decides to give them 200 chocolate eggs one by one, starting with the youngest child, then the second youngest, third youngest, etc. At some point, they have to interrupt the procedure and eat dinner, but when they continue, nobody remembers which was the last child to get a chocolate. How can the mother distribute the remaining chocolates to the kids without starting over again or counting how many chocolates have been given so far?
- I have six faces and twenty-one eyes, yet I can not see. What am I?
- You had 10lbs of cucumbers, each of which consisted of 99% water. After leaving them in the sun, some of the water in the cucumbers evaporated. If the cucumbers ended up with 98% water in them, how much of their weight did they lose?
- What four-letter word can be written forward, backward or upside down, and can still be read from left to right?
- Which seven-letter word contains dozens of letters?
- The mother can just start giving the remaining candies one by one in the reverse order, starting with the oldest child, then the second oldest, etc.
- The cucumbers lost half of their weight. If the water was 99% of the total weight, the remaining substance must have weighed 0.1lbs. If, after the evaporation, the substance comprises 2% = 1/50 of the cucumbers, the total weight must be 50×0.1lbs = 5lbs.