You’ve been asking for it, and we’re bringing it back. It’s time to elect tutor reps for 2023/24.
You know you’re interested 👀here’s what you need to know.
What is the tutor rep scheme?
In short, it’s all about strengthening the relationship between the tutor community and MyTutor Team. A dedicated group of 6 tutors bring comments, challenges and ideas directly to our team, and we work on them together.
What do tutor reps do?
You’ll represent tutors in monthly, hour-long meetings where together we’ll brainstorm, workshop, and discuss things we’re mutually passionate about.
This year, you’ll also spend about 1 hour per week in the new community to chat with other tutors and summarise feedback. So if you’re already engaged with the community, you might as well apply. And if you’re not super involved but want to be, this is your sign.
Can reps *actually* change anything?
Absolutely. Historically the scheme has played a big part in shaping MyTutor, and some highlights of changes made directly off the back of rep input include:
- Redesigning pupil detail forms
- Testing out removing free meetings
- Upgrading to a new, better lesson space
- Launching our new community
- Becoming more transparent than ever before through webinars, help pages and blogs
Got something you’d love added to that list? You know what to do.
What do reps get in return?
Heaps of new skills, a chance to make a real difference to your community, and £200 when you successfully complete the scheme.
Becoming a rep is something to be proud of, and it shows future employers that you’re a go-getter. It’s something you should definitely shout about on your CV and in interviews.
We call it rewarding in more ways than one.
How can I become a tutor rep?
Great question. If you are:
- Currently a MyTutor tutor
- On the schools or private side
- Tutoring any subject
- Have any level of experience, from 1 lesson to 1,000,000 lessons
We want to hear from you.
To apply you simply need to:
- Upload a 30 second video introducing yourself
- Write a response to a question
- Provide your basic contact and tutor details
A group of tutors including last year’s reps will review applications, create a 12 person shortlist, and then we’ll open up a vote for the community to have their say.
What are the timelines?
- Applications will close on Friday the 17th of November at 23:59
- Voting opens on Monday the 27th of November until Friday the 1st at 23:59
- We’ll kick off the scheme in December, which will last until May
I want to apply!
Read about the FAQs before applying here
Good luck! 🍀